This grant supports the professional development of the arts sector by providing assistance to individual artists, arts management and production personnel to pursue short-term training for the upgrading of their professional skills; and arts organizations that engage arts professional or specialized trainers to assist in the professional development of arts practitioners.
Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA)
The mission of MICA is to develop Singapore as a global city for information, communications and the arts, so as to build a creative economy, gracious community and a connected society with a Singaporean identity rooted in our multi-cultural heritage. A total budget of $774m has been allocated to MICA in FY2008 to achieve this mission.
MICA aims to achieve the following strategic outcomes:
- A Vibrant and Sustainable Creative Cluster;
- A Thriving Infocomm and Media Cluster;
- A Gracious and Knowledgeable People, Appreciative of Arts and Culture;
- A Sense of Community, National Identity and Rootedness; and
- A Better Understanding of Singapore and its Policies.